Add some extra flavour to your avocado on toast with this homemade tomato and chilli salsa, perfect for breakfast or a snack at any time of day. This recipe makes enough salsa for 4-6 thins. You can store any extra in the fridge to use later or the next day.
Yield : Makes 4 pieces
- 2 Warburtons Gluten Free Multiseed Sandwich Thins
- 4cm piece cucumber, finely diced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, finely diced
- ½ green chilli, very finely chopped
- ½ clove garlic, very finely chopped
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lime or lemon, juiced
- pinch sea salt
- few sprigs fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- freshly ground black pepper
PRODUCTS YOU NEED
4 Multiseed Sandwich Thins
- First make the salsa. Combine the cucumber, tomato, chilli, garlic and red onion in a bowl. Drizzle over a little olive oil and squeeze in the juice of half the lime. Season with a small pinch of sea salt and stir in the chopped coriander. Set aside
- Halve and de-stone the avocado and peel off the skin. Slice into thin slivers and spread on a board or plate. Squeeze over the rest of the lime juice.
- Meanwhile toast the thins and arrange onto plates or a serving board. Arrange the sliced avocado onto the toast, season with black pepper and drizzle over a little more oil. Serve with a bowl of salsa on the side to spoon on top.
SHARE YOUR RECIPE
Creating an exciting recipe that you would like to share? Click HERE to send us your recipe and we will share it with the world.
Subscribe to exciting recipes every week. Join our mailing list today!
Recipe provided by Warburtons Gluten free