Try this Open Charred Sandwich for a delicious lunch time occasion! Warburtons Gluten Free has partnered with Anna Barnett to make this tasty dish using our Tiger Bloomer. Please note that we would always recommend checking the manufacturer’s ingredients when purchasing products to ensure they are suitable for a gluten free diet.
Prep time : 15 mins
Cook time : 10 mins
- 2 chunky slices of Warburtons Gluten Free Tiger Bloomer
- 12-14 king prawns’ tails (sustainably sourced, de-shelled, de-veined, and heads removed)
- 90ml olive oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of butter
- 4 large cloves of garlic – peeled, crushed and finely chopped
- Several turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp Espelette pepper or paprika (optional)
- Generous sprinkle of sea salt flakes
- Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Several sprigs of parsley – finely chopped
- Handful of watercress
PRODUCTS YOU NEED
- Begin by heating your griddle to almost smoking hot and char your sliced Warburtons Gluten Free Tiger Bloomer slices on both sides until you get those lovely stripes across the bread.
- For the garlic prawns, prepare all ingredients as noted, removing prawn shells and de-veining. You can do this by simply running a knife along the back of the prawn to remove the vein.
- Take a medium sized frying pan and add in your oil and butter.
- Next, add in your garlic and black pepper and place over a medium heat for a couple of minutes then add in the prawns, chilli flakes and Espelette pepper (or paprika) and cook the prawns for 2-3 minutes on each side depending on the size of the prawns.
- Finish by squeezing over your lemon juice and freshly chopped parsley. Serve on top of your charred bread, drizzling over plenty of the garlic oil.
- Add salt to taste and garnish with a little lemon zest, a handful of salad leaves or watercress. Serve while hot.
SHARE YOUR RECIPE
Creating an exciting recipe that you would like to share? Click HERE to send us your recipe and we will share it with the world.
Subscribe to exciting recipes every week. Join our mailing list today!
Recipe provided by Warburtons Gluten free